The following is a timeline of the Anthem setting.
The Time of the Shapers
- According to myth, the Shapers use the Anthem of Creation to shape the world. However, they mysteriously disappear on the third day, leaving their devices behind.
The Age of Chaos
- Shapers relic continue to channel the Anthem's energies, creating creatures called the Anzu. It is argued that the Anzu were created by the Shapers for a specific purpose or were the result of a Cataclysm. Some even believe humanity was created by a Cataclysm as well but no one knows for certain.
The Rule of the Urgoth
- The Age of Chaos ended with the rise of the Urgoth, who established dominance over the continent of Mirrus and enslaved humanity, using them to handle ember-based tech.
The Legion of Dawn
- The Human Resistance worked secretly worked with ember over generations as they plotted to free humanity from the rule of the Urgoth.
- Eventually, these inventor-scientists, who later became known as Arcanists, created the first Javelins.
- 500 years before the present day, the Legion of Dawn overthrow the Urgoth and guides humanity through this trying time, constructing a series of fortified settlements to keep them safe from the perils of their world.
- The Freelancers form, having splintered off from the Legion.
- Skystone Lock was built.
- Destruction of the Sanctuary at Dunar.
- Honor Valley Dam was built.
- Skystone Lock has been captured by outlaws.
- Skystone Lock has been captured by Scars.
- First attempt to shut down the Cenotaph, this is also the introduction mission.