Stop the Monitor from reaching the Cenotaph.
Ancient Ash Titan
After clearing out the Dominion trash mobs at the start of the stronghold, engage with a Legendary Ancient Ash Titan. A chest appears after defeating it.
After another wave of trash, you lose your flight capabilities. Defend a location to disable the device and regain flight to continue to the next area.
Hoarder and Keeper
After a few more waves of trash mobs, collect 10 Echoes and deliver them to the Shaper relic. After collecting them all, two named Dominion Furies will spawn: Hoarder and Keeper. They drop the keys necessary to progress. A chest appears after defeating them.
In the next room, you finally encounter the Monitor. He has 3 distinct phases, during which he uses the following moves and mechanics.
Phase 1: Fire
|Autoattack||Will swing it before him in large frontal cones. Avoid standing in front.|
|Fire Orbs||Spawns stationary fire orbs around the arena, occasionally on top of players. Dodge or fly away from them to avoid.|
|Fire Meteors||Numerous meteors will land with a massive red AoE around them. They can be destroyed by attacking them. The Monitor will raise his hands in the air before dropping them to signal when they explode.|
|Explosion||Signals the start of Phase 2. Happens when the monitor reaches ~75% HP and teleports away. Shortly after, the current arena will explode in a massive AoE that can one-shot players. Be high in the air or follow him to the next area to avoid.|
Advice and Tips
- You can either avoid the Fire Meteors or kill them.
- Phase 2 starts when the Monitor reaches ~75% and uses Explosion.
Phase 2: Acid
|Acid Floor||The floor of the arena is acid. Standing in it applies a DoT.|
|Acid Throw||The Monitor will lob acid at players from a distance.|
|Elementals||An elemental will spawn on each of the five platforms. These will chase players and explode in a large AoE after reaching them. Kill before they can reach you.|
Advice and Tips
- The Monitor may be be immune to Acid during this phase.
- Phase 3 starts when the Monitor reaches ~50%. Must clear out the remaining Elementals before you can continue.
Phase 3: Lightning
|Lightning Pulse||massive lightning pulses will cover almost the entire ground floor, making it dangerous to stand on. Players should seek higher ground while Storms should remain higher in the air while hovering to avoid.|
|Lightning Orbs||Stationary orbs that spawn near players. Explode to electrify them. Dodge quickly to avoid.|
|Boost Bubbles||Four of these are available around the arena, boosting your damage while inside the bubble. They do not protect you from damage.|
Advice and Tips
- Two of the Boost Bubbles are in range of the frequent Lightning Pulse attacks.
- This phase ends when the Monitor reaches ~25% HP.
None currently known.
- Freelancer: "The Heart of Rage. Can't believe we're back."
- Haluk: "Well, believe fast, because we've got work to do."
- Faye: "The Monitor's already steps ahead.... need to move quickly."
- Freelancer: "Faye?"
- Haluk: "She's all right. Just make your way up to the city ruins."
- Freelancer: "Dominion's made themselves at home!"
- Haluk: "Ignore the turrets. We need to catch the Monitor."
- The Monitor: "Freelancer. So pleased you could join us."
- Freelancer: "Oh yeah? Then tell your troops to stop shooting at me!"
- The Monitor: "(Chuckles.) Meet me at the Cenotaph, if you can."
- Faye: "I think... that's it."
- Haluk: "Monitor's still ahead. Keep pushing."
- Freelancer: "That sounds... foreboding."
- Freelancer: "Oof. That looks like it hurt."
- Haluk: "That's nothing compared to what you're gonna do to that titan!"
- Freelancer: "We've made it further than ever before."
- Faye: "(Pained cry.)"
- Freelancer: "Faye! Talk to me. Haluk?"
- The Monitor: "Connection problems? Oh dear."
- The Monitor: "The Anthem does have its way of weeding out the weak."
- Freelancer: "Oh, shut up."
- Freelancer: "Something's up with the flight controls."
- Haluk: "Grounder interference. Destroy it, or enjoy the stroll."
- Haluk: "Watch out for the Brutes!"
- Faye: "Freelancer... can you hear me?"
- Freelancer: "I read you, Faye. Are you all right?"
- Faye: "Peachy... just concentrating..."
- Haluk: "It's taking everything she's got to keep your jav at full functionality."
- The Monitor: "Not everything. She still has her life."
- Freelancer: "Hmm. Not one of your better lines."
- Faye: "Freelancer... I'm here."
- Freelancer: "Faye. Thought I lost you."
- Faye: "It's taking everything I have... to keep your suit running."
- Faye: "But... "Stronger Together," right?"
- The Monitor: "How touching. You really believe teamwork will get you through this."
- Freelancer: "Excuse me. You're ruining the moment."
- Freelancer: "Looks like a relic?"
- Haluk: "And, of course, the Dominion just had to poke it."
- Haluk: "Silence it so we can reach the Monitor."
- Faye: "That's it... just a few more echoes."
- Faye: "Almost... there. Keep gathering echoes."
- Haluk: "Furies. Mean bastards."
- Haluk: "Path's clear. Monitor's next!"
- The Monitor: "You're too late."
- Freelancer: "You look taller. New shoes?"
- Faye: "He's been... remade... by the Anthem."
- Haluk: "Probably something to do with that crap he's hooked up to the Cenotaph."
- Freelancer: "It's not over. He's still mortal... right? He's still mortal?"
- Faye: "Yes."
- Freelancer: "Then let's finish this!"
- Haluk: "He's on the move again."
- Freelancer: "The storm--it's changing!"
- Faye: "Through the Cenotaph... the Monitor has power over the Heart of Rage."
- Freelancer: "My jav's not built for acid."
- Freelancer: "What just happened?"
- Faye: "The Cenotaph can't be fully controlled... it's... activated him elsewhere."
- Faye: "He's gone. The Cenotaph is silenced."
- Freelancer: "And the Anthem?"
- Faye: "I let it go."
- Haluk: "Knew you had it in you, Faye. Wasn't worried for a second."
- Freelancer: "Really? You sounded worried."
- Haluk: "Quiet, you."