Strongholds are instanced missions in Anthem, defined to be among the most challenging content. They are high-level in difficulty, designed for team play, expected to be completed in 35-40 minutes. A matchmaking system is employed to team up with other players to do a stronghold mission. A scoring system is used in the competitive version of these missions.They are intended to be end-game content. It is advantageous to have a variety of Javelins present, but it isn't required to beat a stronghold. Once a stronghold is completed, it is accessible for reinforcing players in Quickplay Stronghold. Strongholds offer the most amount of loot in Anthem apart from Cataclysms. Some loot is exclusive to strongholds.
Strongholds are not related to the game's main narrative, but do have story-related elements.
To enter a Stronghold, select its icon from the Expedition Map.
The basic flow for completing a Stronghold is: fight through waves of enemies, complete various tasks, and take on the end boss.
List of Strongholds
- ↑ Game Informer - Flying to a New Frontier: How Anthem Explores a Different Kind of Story
- ↑ IGN - ANTHEM AMA: BIOWARE ANSWERS YOUR BIGGEST QUESTIONS
- ↑ IGN - WE KNOW 135 MORE FACTS ABOUT ANTHEM
- ↑ Game Informer - Exclusive Impressions Of Anthem's Gameplay
- ↑ IGN - ANTHEM: HANDS-ON GAMEPLAY AND EXPLORATION IMPRESSIONS
- ↑ Electronic Arts - THE FIVE BIGGEST TAKEAWAYS ABOUT ANTHEM FROM PAX WEST 2018
- ↑ Game Informer - We Asked BioWare If Mass Effect Takes Place In Anthem's Universe
- ↑ YouTube: This is Anthem End Game