Strider is a type of walker utilized by Freelancers.
In the past, striders would ferry humans between their settlements, acting as a place of safety on their journey. In the present day, only a few striders are left. While they can still be constructed, it's a painstaking endeavour to do so, given humanity's lack of mass production.
Striders serve as a forward base of operations that allows Freelancers to re-supply, re-arm, and select between javelins. A cypher can operate from within the strider, using its amplifier chair. For deployment, the javelins are raised from the interior of the strider to the top of the vehicle via hatch. It has a cramped interior.
In-game, striders act as a form of fast-travel. The in-universe reason for players popping up at the place of their choosing is that the strider has taken them there.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 IGN - ANTHEM AMA: BIOWARE ANSWERS YOUR BIGGEST QUESTIONS
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 IGN - ANTHEM GAMEPLAY DEMO - IGN LIVE E3 2018
- ↑ IGN - 19 MINUTES OF ANTHEM GAMEPLAY (WITH DEVELOPER COMMENTARY) IN 4K
- ↑ Game Informer #103 - Flying to a New Frontier: How Anthem Explores a Different Kind of Story
- ↑ IGN - ANTHEM AMA: BIOWARE ANSWERS YOUR BIGGEST QUESTIONS