Storm is mostly favored by specialized and veteran Freelancers. Other factions are not known to use this javelin. The Storm channels the raw energy of the Anthem of Creation through its seals to hover over the battlefield and deliver damage.
Like other javelins, Storm is made in Heliost. Its originally based on the Valkyrie javelin used by the Dominion, the first of which were witnessed during their incursion of Freemark in 458 LV. Bastion’s Arcanists then studied and recreated the Valkyrie javelin into the more capable Storm by incorporating additional seals. However, in this process, Storm lost the ability to hover infinitely.
It has been less than a decade since Storm has become available for lancers to use. Only through painstaking arcanist research has anyone outside the Dominion had a chance to wield the Storm’s awesome potential.
The Freelancer used a new Ranger Mk.2 once their training was complete. However, it was severely damaged during the mission to Silence the Heart of Rage in 466 LV. Between 466 LV and 468 LV, they obtained another Ranger Mk.2 Javelin, which was severely worn out and hindering in performance. However, because of an interest shown by Corvus, who persuaded them to figure out a method to silence the Heart of Rage in 468 LV, they obtained brand new models of Ranger, Colossus, Storm, and Interceptor javelins.
The following Cortex Entries provide details about Storm:
These are the other variants of the Storm Javelin:
Storm has access to the following Damage Types:
For hints on how to use Storm, see Storm Hints.
Storm has the following combat abilities:
- Storm Gear:
- Focus Seal: A Gear that can be projected at enemies. This item usually targets a single enemy at a time.
- Blast Seal: A Gear that is inflicted on enemies. This item can target multiple enemies in a specific blast radius.
- Support Seal: A gear that can be deployed around or in front of the Storm, but its effects are usable by all allies. It can shield or amplify specific damages depending on its type.
- Storm Melee Weapon:
- Strike: By channeling the energies inside the seals present on the right arm of the javelin, the storm strikes its enemies. It can strike enemies in a small radius and be used to prime or detonate depending on its type. This can be performed on ground or from air. Air melee always does higher damage, however, the Storm javelin will be forced to reach the ground.
- Storm Ultimate:
- Elemental Storm: A final ability that takes a long time to charge but can cause havoc when launched at enemies. Elemental Storm has three charges that first prime all enemies regardless of their rarity within a spherical radius, then immediately launch a meteor to detonate and deal massive damage to the enemies. The first charge is always ice type, the second is always lightning type and the third is always fire type. The ultimate also makes the javelin invulnerable until it lasts.
- Storm Combo:
- Storm Weapons:
- Storm Performance:
Storm is a specialized javelin. Like all javelins, it can be used in multiple ways. However, its default version is designed to do specific tasks .
- Focus: Firepower
- Offense Style: Area of Effect
- Evasive Maneuver: Blink
- Jump Type: Hover Jump
- Flight: Seal Assisted
- Flight Evasive Maneuver: Teleport
- Hover Time: High
- Action Speed: Moderate
- Armor: Lightly Armored
- Shields: Moderate Kinetic Shields on ground and Heavily Amplified Kinetic Shields while hovering
Storm has several customization options along with paint jobs:
- Armor Packs and Armor Parts
- Materials and Metal Platings
- Storm Specific Vinyls: Default Storm Decal and Empowered Storm
- Universal Vinyls
- Wear States
- Arrival Animations
- Storm Specific Arrival Animation
- Universal Arrival Animations
- Victory Poses
- Storm Specific Victory Poses
- Universal Victory Poses
- Storm Specific Emotes
- Universal Emotes
Crafting and Upgrades
Storm Requires Storm Parts to craft its javelin specific gear, melee weapons, and components along with other standard crafting items obtained by harvesting. It can also use universal components and guns.
A Storm has a total of 12 combat slots available to it to make its performance optimal. There is also one special slot specific to the story:
- 1 Focus Seal Slot
- 1 Blast Seal Slot
- 1 Support Seal Slot
- 1 Melee Weapon Slot
- 2 Weapon (Guns) Slots
- 6 Component Slots
- 1 Dawn Shield Slot (Not counted towards Power Level)
Depending on the rarity of the embers used, items of different rarity can be crafted or obtained by other means such as Guardians Gifts, Regulator Store, Loot, or Seasonal Store. These items have a specific level called Power, that is capped at different numeric values. When the Power of each equipped item is added, Storm’s Power Level is obtained. This Power Level defines the rarity of Storm:
|Power Level||Storm Rarity|
There are many, many users of this javelin. However, these are the prominent people known to use it:
- The colors used in the promotional materials for Storm are not the default colors of Storm. Instead, they are black and white.
- Although Storm is called the latest javelin, by design it is essentially a modified Valkyrie that the Dominion had been using for a long time.
- Each time a Storm teleports while using an evasive maneuver or a melee attack, it cannot be damaged during its period of invisibility.
- Initially, Storm was supposed to have different designs based on the freelancer’s gender. But the idea was scrapped in favor of a unisex model.
- Each Storm is custom built for every lancer that uses it.