The Sentinels are a major human faction.
|“|| We protect the Royal House of Bastion and all its subjects.|
We are the arm of the Royal House of Bastion, which must be obeyed.
We bring justice, for without justice there is no order.
And without order, there is anarchy.
— Sentinel vow
In the current day, the Sentinels are the chief upholders of the law throughout the cities and settlements of the world, including Antium, where they serve as the city's primary defensive force. Operating from Fort Tarsis, they believe in justice and order above all else, and see themselves as a bulwark protecting the people from the chaos of the outside world. In the eyes of the Sentinel leadership, the Freelancers are a ragtag outfit whose fierce independence makes them unreliable. As such, they rarely coordinate with them. Still, like the Freelancers, the Sentinels venerate Helena Tarsis.
The Sentinels have access to their own Javelins, though tend to stay close to Fort Tarsis, keeping the populace safe from direct threats. The Ranger is their Javelin of choice for frontline work.
- Lieutenant Ryssa Brin
- Cadmius Dirx
- Cal Andrin
- Clara Dirx
- Claudia Dirx
- Corlon Dirx
- Gira Cage
- Kellye Belgat
- Commander Raidon
- Yarrick Howel
- The Sentinels have been described as an in-universe equivalent of a royal guard or "fantasy police."
- ↑ Games Radar - Everything you need to know about the Anthem story, lore, characters and factions
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Electronic Arts - THE MAJOR FACTIONS YOU’LL ENCOUNTER IN ANTHEM
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Electronic Arts - THE FIVE BIGGEST TAKEAWAYS ABOUT ANTHEM FROM PAX WEST 2018
- ↑ Electronic Arts - YOU ARE A DESCENDENT OF THE LEGION OF DAWN IN ANTHEM
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Fandom - The Sci-Fi Epic that Sings Already: ‘Anthem’
- ↑ IGN - ANTHEM: EARLY FORT TARSIS GAMEPLAY