Ranger is a multi-purpose javelin mech suit.
All Freelancers train with the Ranger javelin before moving onto other models. Not because it’s the easiest, but because it’s the most versatile. In the hands of a master pilot, the Ranger can achieve feats of combat prowess that no other javelin can touch, and serves as the gold standard for combat efficiency. Likewise, Rangers are the go-to javelin for Sentinels on the frontline.
The Ranger has a deep bag of tricks to draw from, and there is no combat situation it can’t take on effectively. With access to every weapon type, except heavy weapons, the Ranger is a true wild card that can complement any team and any mission. Novice pilots will appreciate the wide array of weapons and abilities they can use to sharpen their skills, while experts gravitate toward the Ranger’s emphasis on excellent marksmanship and skill mastery.
The Ranger is an all-around balanced class. Each player starts the game with Ranger javelin. Later it can be unlocked as player's first javelin if he/she decides so. It is equipped with a shock mace as its melee weapon.
- Assault launcher
- Support gear
- Shock Mace (Melee) - When the Ranger javelin chooses to mix it up at close range, it deploys an electrified mace to send a medically-inadvisable amount of voltage through its enemies.
- Multi-Target Missile Battery (Ultimate) - A powerful volley of micro-missiles, the Ranger’s ultimate ability allows it to target dozens of fast-moving enemies with guided projectiles that pummel the opposition with devastating concussive force. This involves a target lock, then fires after a delay.
- Dash (utility ability)
It was originally stated that the Ranger would be the starting javelin that all players would have access to.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Electronic Arts | THE FOUR JAVELINS OF ANTHEM
- ↑ Fandom - The Sci-Fi Epic that Sings Already: ‘Anthem’
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Electronic Arts - Get to Know Anthem's Ranger Javelin
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 IGN - E3 2018: ANTHEM IS BIOWARE'S WHOLE NEW WORLD
- ↑ IGN - WE KNOW 135 MORE FACTS ABOUT ANTHEM
- ↑ IGN - E3 2018: ANTHEM IS BIOWARE'S WHOLE NEW WORLD
- ↑ Game Informer - Flying to a New Frontier: How Anthem Explores a Different Kind of Story