Loot, are rewards earned from or during completing missions, events, or strongholds. They are commonly called Loot Drops if they are obtained from defeating enemies. Loot appears as a cypher projected octaheadron when obtained during an expedition, and its content can only be seen at the end of the expedition.
Loot can be obtained by defeating enemies or opening treasure chests or completing challenges. The type of loot and rarity depends upon the level of a javelin and the difficulty setting of the game mode. Salvaging loot will provide Crafting Resources.
The contents of these rewards are unknown when obtained. They can only be seen at the end of an expedition. Depending on the Pilot Level, different rarities of loot can be unlocked along with other crafting resources. When these loot are revealed, there is a special reveal animation for and rarities only.
For a Collection of similar Cortex Entries, See: Building Your Javelin
|< 30 and
Critical Path *
|>30 and Not Completed
Critical Path **
*Completing critical path missions will provide access to only 6 Masterwork items (all of which are weapons) until level 30 is reached. However, the power levels of these items will be between 55 and 61.
** After Level 30, if the critical path missions are not completed, the items received will still be the same 6 masterwork items, but they will always have a power level of 61.
|Easy Difficulty ***|
|Normal Difficulty ***|
|Hard Difficulty ***|
*** Playing in a difficulty setting lower than Grandmaster 1 at level 30 will only reward the 6 Masterwork Items if the critical path missions are not complete. However, all items are full Power Level are available if the critical path is completed.
Guaranteed loot is the reward obtained from satisfying certain criteria, which will result in the Freelancer obtaining them without miss.
- Completing a Legendary Mission will give at least one masterwork loot drop which has a chance to become legendary.
- Completing a Legendary Contract will give at least one masterwork loot drop which has a chance to become legendary.
- Completing a Stronghold will give at least one masterwork loot drop which has a chance to become legendary.
- Defeat any enemy marked with in freeplay will provide a guranteed loot drop of any rarity depending on whether the pilot level is 30 or if it is under 30 as shown above.
- |Defeating an Apex Enemy (i.e., Dominion Fury/Lesser Ash Titan/Luminary/Ursix/Bristleback/Ancient Ash Titan) in any game mode will give 2 loot drops of any rarity depending on whether the pilot level is 30 or if it is under 30 as shown above, and depending on the difficulty of the chosen game mode.
- Defeatg a Final Boss enemy (i.e., Swarm Tyrant, the Monitor (Transcendent Form), Scelos, The Unfathomed, Vara (Cataclysm Form)) in strongholds and cataclysms will provide several guranteed loot drops any rarity depending on whether the pilot level is 30 or if it is under 30 as shown above, and depending on the difficulty of the chosen game mode.
- Echoes of Reality (Challenges) of Heart of the Ranger, Strength of the Colossus, Power of the Storm, and Speed of the Interceptor will give one guaranteed legendary loot drop upon completion when those challenges are active.
- Season of Skulls (Challenges) of Dark Ranger I/II/III/IV, Monstrous Colossus I/II/III/IV, Uncanny Storm I/II/III/IV, and Unsettling Interceptor I/II/III/IV will give one guaranteed legendary loot drop upon completion when those challenges are active.
- All legendary loot obtained at pilot level 30 will have a guaranteed power of 80.
- All loot drops obtained through Guardians Gifts will be legendary.
- The tougher the difficulty, the higher the chance to obtain loot as drops from enemies, especially legendary loot drops. Also, more enemies will drop loot when the difficulty is higher.
- Unlike the guaranteed loot, the loot drops from enemies only have a chance to become legendary.
- At launch, the lootpool, even at pilot level 30 included common and uncommon loot. But this was changed later when players began to complain.
- Unfortunately, the above change backfired when Guardians' Tokens were introduced with update 1.6.0, as embers and crafting resources obtained from salvagigng the lower rarities are one of teh quickest ways of obtaining legendary loot from Guardians' Gifts.