|“||The wall. It's our armor. It protects us from what lies beyond. But out there, you either live with the choices you make, or die trying to change them.||”|
Fort Tarsis is a compound protected by a mega-structure called "The Wall", which shields humanity from the dangers of the outside world. Automated turrets are located on it. Fort Tarsis itself is a large, sprawling city, and is a place where humans can feel safe.
Several powerful factions operate in the Fort, seeking out their own ends and often getting in each other’s way, but inevitably these disparate factions end up in need of the services of the Freelancers, who are commissioned to venture outside the fort to explore the uncharted lands beyond and gather resources for the inhabitants inside. Fort Tarsis itself is guarded by the Sentinels. Inside, merchants ply their wares. In addition to the Freelancers and Sentinels, Corvus and the Arcanists are also in positions of power.
The history of Fort Tarsis traces back to its namesake, Legion of Dawn leader General Helena Tarsis. It was her tireless efforts that lead humanity to a place of strength and security, where they could build a fortified city that would withstand the nightmarish threats that roam the lands. The first site chosen to start construction of the original Fort Tarsis was damaged by a massive flood, creating a series of sinkholes. After a thorough series of seismic tests, construction began again at a different site. To this day, regular tests are performed under the current Fort Tarsis to monitor the foundation.
As this beacon of hope ascended, humanity took its own strides forward, developing the resources and technology to thrive in some of the most hostile environments imaginable.
Players will not encounter other players within Fort Tarsis. It is effectively singleplayer only. More of the fort is unlocked for exploration as players progress through the game. Players can choose between different Javelins here. Players will encounter NPCs (called "agents") here that will give them missions, along with vendors. More agents may be added post-launch. As one plays through the game, Fort Tarsis (or at least its interior) will change, reflecting its people's rising spirits.
LocationsThe fort is comprised of several notable locations. For a full list, see: Fort Tarsis locations.
- Owen Corley
- Aruna Kaule
- Matthias Sumner
- Adaxia Dell
- Pirndel Blatch
- Neeson Giles
|Academy Ruins • East Gate • Eastern Reach • Emerald Abyss • Fortress of Dawn • Great Falls Canyon • High Road • Monument Watch • Ruins of Shadowmark • Valley of Tarsis|
- ↑ Twitter – @Bio_Warner
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Game Informer - Exclusive Impressions Of Anthem's Gameplay
- ↑ YouTube - ANTHEM - 25 Minutes of New Gameplay Walkthrough (Paris Games Week 2018)
- ↑ Electronic Arts - HOW ANTHEM™ REPRESENTS A NEW ERA OF BIOWARE™ GAMES
- ↑ Electronic Arts - THE MAJOR FACTIONS YOU’LL ENCOUNTER IN ANTHEM
- ↑ Youtube – Anthem Official Teaser Trailer
- ↑ YouTube - Anthem Gameplay Features – Our World, My Story Trailer
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Electronic Arts - WELCOME TO FORT TARSIS
- ↑ Anthem, Gathering Falls
- ↑ Anthem, What Freelancers Do
- ↑ Game Informer - Exclusive Impressions Of Anthem's Gameplay
- ↑ Game Informer #103 - Flying to a New Frontier: How Anthem Explores a Different Kind of Story
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Electronic Arts - THE FIVE BIGGEST TAKEAWAYS ABOUT ANTHEM FROM PAX WEST 2018
- ↑ IGN - ANTHEM: EARLY FORT TARSIS GAMEPLAY