Colossus is a heavily armored javelin created in Bastion.
Piloted by Freelancers and Engineers, this iconic suit's strength makes it the most powerful javelin available. Colossus is a hulking war machine designed to clear out entire hives of vicious predatory fauna with mounted artillery, heavy arms, and reinforced armor plating.
Like most items in Bastion, Colossus is designed and Crafted in Heliost.
Colossus is based on the earliest javelins made by humans, the javelins equipped by Legion of Dawn lancers. Since then, it has been improved to make it effective not only for combat, but also a myriad of occupations.
It shares some of its designs on the first Javelin: the Javelin of Dawn. However, it is incomparable to it in every other aspect. But since the Legion of Dawn lancer javelins are based on the first Javelin, and the colossus based on them, it can be considered its successor.
The Freelancer used a new Ranger Mk.2 once their training was complete. However, it was severely damaged during the mission to Silence the Heart of Rage in 466 LV. Between 466 LV and 468 LV, they obtained another Ranger Mk.2 Javelin, which was severely worn out and hindering in performance. However, because of an interest shown by Corvus, who persuaded them to figure out a method to silence the Heart of Rage in 468 LV, they obtained brand new models of Ranger, Colossus, Storm, and Interceptor javelins.
The following Cortex Entries provide details about Colossus:
These are the other variants of the Colossus Javelin:
Colossus has access to the following Damage Types:
Colossus has the following combat abilities:
- Colossus Gear:
- Heavy Assault Launcher: A Gear that can be launched at enemies from the Colossus’ hand. This item targets multiple enemies in a small area.
- Ordnance Launcher: A Gear that is deployed using a mortar located on the colossus’ shoulder. This item can target multiple enemies when deployed in a larger area.
- Heavy Support Gear: A gear that can be released around the Colossus, but its effects are usable by all allies. It can boost ally shield or weaken enemies.
- Colossus Melee Weapon:
- Glove: A Colossus concentrates its entire weight into its right Glove and smashes the ground. It can strike enemies in a large cylindrical radius and be used to prime or detonate depending on its type. This can be performed on ground or from air. Air melee always does higher damage.
- Colossus Ultimate:
- Siege Cannon: A final ability that takes a long time to charge but can cause havoc when launched at enemies. Siege Cannon has three charges which when released on a group of enemies can cause a devastating area of effect explosion dealing massive damage and detonating any combos within the area. The ultimate also makes the javelin invulnerable until it lasts.
- Colossus Combo:
- Colossus Weapons:
- Colossus Performance:
Colossus is a heavy javelin. Like all javelins, it can be used in multiple ways. However, its default version is designed to do specific tasks .
- Focus: Resilience
- Offense Style: Multi-target
- Evasive Maneuver: Unfurled Physical Shield
- Jump Type: Rocket Double Jump
- Flight: Thruster Assisted
- Flight Evasive Maneuver: Unfurled Physical Shield
- Hover Time: Standard
- Action Speed: Slow
- Armor: Heavily Armored
- Shields: Unfurled Physical Shield
Colossus has several customization options along with paint jobs:
- Armor Packs and Armor Parts
- Materials and Metal Platings
- Colossus Specific Vinyls: Default Colossus Decal and Empowered Colossus
- Universal Vinyls
- Wear States
- Arrival Animations
- Colossus Specific Arrival Animation
- Universal Arrival Animations
- Victory Poses
- Colossus Specific Victory Poses
- Universal Victory Poses
- Colossus Specific Emotes
- Universal Emotes
Crafting and Upgrades
Colossus Requires Colossus Parts to craft its javelin specific gear, melee weapons, and components along with other standard crafting items obtained by harvesting. It can also use universal components and guns.
A Colossus has a total of 12 combat slots available to it to make its performance optimal. There is also one special slot specific to the story:
- 1 Heavy Assault Launcher Slot
- 1 Ordnance Launcher Slot
- 1 Heavy Support Gear Slot
- 1 Melee Weapon Slot
- 2 Weapon (Gun) Slots
- 6 Component Slots
- 1 Dawn Shield Slot (Not counted towards Power Level)
Depending on the rarity of the embers used, items of different rarity can be crafted or obtained by other means such as Guardians Gifts, Regulator Store, Loot, or Seasonal Store. These items have a specific level called Power, that is capped at different numeric values. When the Power of each equipped item is added, Colossus’s Power Level is obtained. This Power Level defines the rarity of Colossus:
|Power Level||Colossus Rarity|
There are many, many users of this javelin. However, these are the prominent people known to use it:
- There is a joke about Colossus being so large that it come with a cup holder (it doesn’t).
- Colossus is the only javelin capable of using heavy weapons because of its size and strength.
- According to the Art of Anthem, the original purpose of a colossus was to use in heavy operations like mining, lifting etc., but it was repurposed into a combat unit.
- Each colossus is custom built for every lancer that uses it.