The Anthem is the source of pure creation. It has existed since the beginning of time, permeates all aspects of existence, and can be channeled. The Shapers used it through their relics to create the world. The relics can tap into "echoes" of this force. Pieces of 'radiant energy' exist as part of these relics (and can be separated from them), that are 'echoes' of the Anthem of Creation.
At times, the Anthem 'bubbles over,' leading to catastrophe. According to The Monitor, the Anthem has destroyed entire civilizations. In the present day, most people don't know if the Shapers created the Anthem, or if they utilized a pre-existing force. But it's clear that the Shapers couldn't bend it to their will.
The Anthem has been the subject of much debate over its origin, limits, and if humans should attempt to channel it. Some believe it is nothing more than story and myth. There are a few who try and study it, namely the Arcanists. There are also those who try to harness it and capture it into weaponry; the Dominion, for instance, is currently attempting to harness it as a weapon. In this, they succeeded to a point through the development of the Storm Javelin, which taps into the raw power of the Anthem, boosting the kinetic abilities of its pilot, and unleashing the raw fury of the Anthem as a weapon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 IGN - E3 2018: ANTHEM IS BIOWARE'S WHOLE NEW WORLD
- ↑ In-game information from Anthem Demo
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Game Informer - We Asked BioWare If Mass Effect Takes Place In Anthem's Universe
- ↑ YouTube - 4 Minutes of Anthem Open World Co-Op Exploration Gameplay - E3 2018
- ↑ IGN - 19 MINUTES OF ANTHEM GAMEPLAY (WITH DEVELOPER COMMENTARY) IN 4K
- ↑ Kotaku - BioWare Wants You To Know That Story Is A Priority For Anthem
- ↑ YouTube - Anthem Official 2018 Game Awards Trailer
- ↑ Games Radar - Everything you need to know about the Anthem story, lore, characters and factions
- ↑ Kotaku - Everything We Know About BioWare's Anthem
- ↑ Electronic Arts | THE FOUR JAVELINS OF ANTHEM