|Anthem Collector’s Edition Guide|
|Published||February 22, 2019|
|Anthem Official Guide|
|Anthem Collector's Edition Guide|
Anthem Collector's Edition Guide or colloquially called Anthem Prima Guide is a special guide developed by Bioware and Prima Games for the launch version of Anthem.
It features exclusive maps, interviews with developers, Interviwes with Henchmen Studios who were responsible for making life size Javelin models for cosplay, and an excerpt from The Art of Anthem by Dark Horse Comics.
Main Contents of the Guide
- THE WORLD OF ANTHEM
- YOUR JAVELIN
- BUILDING THE JAVELINS WITH HENCHMEN STUDIOS
- FORT TARSIS
- THE FORGE
- ACHIEVEMENTS AND TROPHIES
- EXCERPT FROM THE ART OF ANTHEM
Paladins Lore from the Guide
The following paragraphs are transcribed as is from the book for convenience. There are other details, but this is the most important. It is found on Page 11.
The Dominion founded by the respected Lancer Magna Stral, was originally built around the idea of military rule. Stral led like-minded Lancers, then known as Paladins, out of Bastion and into the north. However, she underestimated the harsh conditions and soon lost many followers to exposure, illness, and desertion. The Sistrum, three ancient Anzu sister witches who survived into modern times, offered aid to the Paladins in exchange for a position in their new society. Sundermark was soon founded and quickly became a settlement based on law and strict discipline.
The Paladins flourished, founding new settlements across Stralheim. Eventually, through the witches’ influence, the Paladins came to view the inhabitants of Bastion as weak, requiring strong leadership such as the Paladins could bring. With the new expansionist mindset, they renamed themselves the Dominion.
There are exclusive artworks not found elsewhere, within the book. The story behind how the javelins came to be is also explored. There are several in-game Cortex snippets shown where relevant. The damage capacity of Combat Equipment and enemies is shown through bars instead of numbers, as these numbers were always going to be subjected to change.
In the expedition section of the contracts, it lists the possible permutations of the sub-contracts with the objectives and encounters, rather than a mission guide because there are multiple sub contracts in each contract that get randomly selected.
- The book is the final physical copy released by Prima Games.
- The book comes with a limited-edition numbered art print.
- The Exclusive Foreword is given by Preston Watamaniuk, Design Director of Anthem.
- There is also an Anthem Official Guide by Prima Games with only details of the missions, exclusive maps, and javelins. Other details can only be found in the Collector’s Edition.
- The book’s inside binding also has signatures of all the developers involved in making the game!
- The overhead mini-maps (for all subregions of Northern Bastion and strongholds released at launch) shown in the guide are exclusive to the guide and not available in the game.
- The guide has information on in-game details that became outdated at launch, unfortunately.
- https://primagames.com/games/anthem/products/anthem-official-collectors-edition-guide Details on Prima Games Website